The IGLAM Conference will be held in a venue which is disability, LGBTQI and BAME friendly. This page will outline the full accessibly of the venue including all transport links. The event space is situated on the 2nd floor of HOME Mcr with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Tony Wilson Place.
- When purchasing tickets, all participants will have the option to self identify their preferred pronoun the name they would like to be called during the conference
- Each participant will be required to agree to a code of conduct to ensure for a mutually respectful and enjoyable day for all. Code of conduct can be found here.
- Lanyards will be available to identify photography preferences eg:
Blue lanyard: photos and video are allowed without permission
A yellow lanyard: photos and video are allowed with explicit consent
Red lanyard: strictly no photos or videos
Presentation/workshop Lengths and Breaks
10.30-10.40: Introduction and Thanks
10.45-11.30: Session one
11.30-11.45 Beverage Break
11.45-12.30: Session two
12.30 – 1.15: Lunch (Gf, Vegan and Vegetarian available)
1:15-2.00: Session 3
2.00-2.15: Beverage Break
2:15 – 3.45: Session 4
3.45-4:00: Acknowledgements and Thanks
Vegetarian, Vegan and GF options available. This will be sent to participants before the event to decide on options.
Are available to all floors with the capacity to fit the largest manual or electronic wheelchair
Is available in all spaces in HOME Mcr.
- Gender Neutral and single sex toilets are available
- Free sanitary products are available in the Gender Neutral and female gendered toilets
- I will arrange for a quiet space to be made available and a designated staff member will be available should you need to access it.
Home is located on Tony Wilson Place, First Street, just off Whitworth Street West, roughly opposite the Hacienda apartments and 0.2miles from Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink stop or 0.3miles from Oxford Road train station. The full address is:
2 Tony Wilson Place
Disabled Parking and Drop-off
- The nearest car park is Q-Park at First Street (next door to HOME). There are 28 disabled parking spaces. HOME visitors receive a 20% discount on parking (validate your ticket or show a receipt from our cafe & bar, in the venue). HOME Members and Friends get their first hour’s parking free (you can get your voucher from Box Office).
- There is free on street parking for blue badge holder on Whitworth Street West. Blue Badge holders are entitled to park for free at parking meters and at pay-and-display on-street parking (unless otherwise stated) when travelling as either a driver or passenger.
- The best place for drop offs is on Whitworth Street West. Pull up in front of the silver bollards underneath Arch 70 next to Belvoir Lettings. It is approximately 100m from here to our front door on a flat paved road.
With the city centre location, reaching HOME on foot is simple. You could map your route using the interactive Manchester Walking Routes Planner www.walkit.com/cities/manchester/ or use a walking route app such as mapmywalk.
Bike racks are situated between HOME and the INNSIDE by Meliá hotel. There are 20 Sheffield stands available and additional racks are installed in the area surrounding First Street.
The 256 bus from Piccadilly Gardens stops on Medlock Street. The bus stops are located 50metres and 150metres from HOME’s entrance.
Get off the bus and walk towards HOME which is visible from the road.
Alternatively, you can use the Free Bus that links the main rail stations, shopping areas and businesses in the city centre. Free buses run from Piccadilly, Salford Central, Victoria, Oxford Road and Deansgate train stations. There are three circular routes covering the city centre (the Route 3 stops near HOME on Whitworth Street West from 7.30pm apart from on Sundays). Visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website to view the Free Bus map and to plan your journey.
Deansgate-Castlefield is the nearest Metrolink stop, which is 0.2miles or 320metres from HOME. Check the Metrolink website for times and updates. Metrolink operates a zonal fare system to make is easy to get around the network, tickets can be purchased from machines at stops and on the free Get Me There app. Deansgate-Castlefield is in Zone 1. Metrolink is currently working on improving and expanding its routes, for information on changes to services please visit transformationinformation.co.uk or if you’re on Twitter follow @MCRMetrolink. Find out how to get here from the Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink stop by watching the video below…
Step Free Access: Available to and from all platforms
HOME is located between Oxford Road Train Station and Deansgate Train Station.
Deansgate train station is closest at 0.2miles or 320metres away.
Oxford Road train station is 0.3miles or 480metres away.
Piccadilly train station is located 0.7miles away.
Victoria train station is 1mile away.
If you arrive at Piccadilly or Victoria, take a train to Deansgate or Oxford Rd or use the free bus.
Find out how to get here from Oxford Road Station by watching the video below…
Step Free Access information
From Whitworth Street, up a ramp (43 paces, 1:25 slope) and level access through the entrance into the foyer. Or from the junction of Chester Road, Whitworth Street and Deansgate, level access through the entrance, along the corridor and up 21 steps into the foyer. Then, to Manchester : Past the ticket office, via the lift in the foyer. Or up a ramp (34 paces), up 17 steps onto the platform. To Bolton, Warrington and Wigan : Via the lift in the foyer or along the subway (26 paces), up a ramp (32 paces) and up 18 steps onto the platform. Level access to Manchester platform also via overbridge from Metrolink GMex tram stop. Lift available 06:20 – 23:40 Monday to Saturday. 08:10 – 23:30 Sunday.
There are two lifts at the Piccadilly end of platform 4 and 2/3 which connect the concourse area platform 4 and 5 with 2/3. Note: there is no lift access to platform 1 at all
All entrances are step-free, and there is level access to all platforms.
The lifts at Manchester Victoria will be out of service from now until mid-January 2020. During the improvement work, passengers who require step-free access are urged to book assisted travel by calling 0800 138 5560
The nearest car park is Q-Park at First Street (next door to HOME). The pedestrian car park entrance is approximately 30metres from HOME’s main entrance and is located facing the pedestrian public square, Tony Wilson Place.
HOME visitors receive a 25% discount on parking (scan your ticket at HOME Box Office to receive the discount)